Community InformationSan Luis Obispo County, CA
- Bakersfield Heart Hospital
- Banner Health
- Banner House
- Delano Regional Medical Center
- Dignity Health
- East Hills Medical Offices
- Guild Of Tehachapi Hospital
- HealthSouth Bakersfield Rehabilitation Hospital
- Healthsouth Corporation
- Kaiser Permanente
- Kern Valley Hospital
- Medcath Incorporated
- Mercy Home Services A California Limited Partnership
- Mercy Hospital of Bakersfield
- Mercy Hospitals of Bakersfield Truxtun Campus
- Mercy Southwest Hospital
- Mercy Westside Hospital & Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Ridgecrest Regional Hospital
- San Dimas Family Birth Center
- San Joaquin Community Hospital
- Taft College
- Tehachapi Valley Health Care
- Tehachapi Valley Health Care District
- Wic KMC
- Central Cardiology Medical Clinic
- Central Valley Bariatrics has a very detailed and personal program tailored to each patient. Our goal is for our patients to receive continuity of care during the critical post-operative period and to have a network of support during the changes they will go through after Gastric
- Kern Medical Center
- LA Laser Center Dermatology Clinics
- Mesa West Medical Was established in 1993 to serve the primary care needs of a growing population in Bakersfield and the surrounding area. The group includes a Board Certified Internist, two Nurse Practitioners, and a Physician Assistant.
- Delano Record
- El Popular
- Joyce Media News Inc
- Mojave Desert News
- The Daily Report
- The Mountain Enterprise
- Wick Communications Co.
- Bakersfield Californian
- Daily Independent is the only local daily newspaper operating in the Indian Wells Valley. Our primary focus is to provide our readers with complete local coverage of our area combined with the best shopping information available.
- Kern Valley Sun is a member of the National Newspaper Association, California Newspaper Publishers Association, the Kernville Chamber of Commerce, and the Kern River Valley Chamber of Commerce. Adjudged and declared a newspaper of general circulation pursuant to the laws
- Midway Driller
- Mountain Enterprise was founded in 1966 by Nedra Halley, who produced the first editions on a blue Royal typewriter. We will update this page, as time permits, with a summary of the paper's colorful history.
- City Of Ridgecrest
- Bitter Creek National Wildlife Refuge was established in 1985 to protect roosting and foraging habitat for the endangered California condor. The Refuge is located in parts of Kern, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo Counties in California, approximately 80 miles north of Los Angeles, CA
- Camp James one of the hatchery's stocking points. With regular stocking, the rainbow trout are just waiting to take your bait.
- City of Taft - Recreation & Park District
- Hart Memorial Park
- Kern River Preserve
- Lake Isabella
- Tehachapi Mountain Park
- Auditor-Controller is composed of the Auditor-Controller and County Clerk-Registrar of Voters. The Auditor-Controller is responsible for performing all general accounting functions for the County and special districts governed by the Board of Supervisors as well as other ge
- County Clerk
- County Counsel is the general counsel and risk manager for the County of Kern. Pursuant to California law, the office of the County Counsel is responsible for providing legal services to the County, its officers, employees, boards, commissions, and other agencies.
- District Attorney's Office
- Kern County Fire Department
- Kern County Sheriff's Department is committed to work in partnership with our community to enhance the safety, security, and quality of life for the residents and visitors of Kern County through professional public safety services.
- Treasurer-Tax Collector
- Amtrak Intercity rail service
- Bakersfield Municipal Airport
- City of Delano Transit System provides responsive fixed route bus and demand responsive/reservation public transportation service to the citizens of Delano and citizens residing within the immediate county area surrounding the city within the boundaries of Highway 43 to the west, County Line Road to the north, Pond Road to the south, and Kyte Avenue to the east
- City of Ridgecrest Transit System
- City of Wasco Dial-a-Ride public transportation system
- Golden Empire Transit was formed in 1973 and serves the Bakersfield Metropolitan area: 153 square miles, population 365,036
- Greyhound Lines Intercity bus service
- Inyokern Airport is located in the Indian Wells Valley, about 100 miles from the County Seat in Bakersfield, 80 miles from the Lancaster / Palmdale area, and 120 miles from San Bernardino, the three nearest major urban centers.
- Kern Valley Airport
- Mojave Airport was first opened in 1935 as a small, rural airfield serving the local gold and silver mining industry.
- Tehachapi Airport
- Bakersfield Museum of Art
- Feline Conservation Center also known as the Cat House, is located in Rosamond, California. Cat lovers of all ages who discover this desert zoo/wildlife museum north of Los Angeles are surprised and amazed at the variety of wild cat species found here.
- Kern County Museum features 56 historic exhibits, many in relocated structures, an award winning hands-on oil exhibition
- Kern Valley Museum In the Kern Valley Museum you will find artifacts and memorabilia which make the history of this valley come alive
- Kern Valley Spring Nature Festival
- Maturango Museum
- Mojave Transportation Museum
- Native American Cultural Center
- The Historic Fort The Fort was dedicated on May 22, 1940 and it was designated a historical landmark by Kern County in 1980.
- Twenty Mule Team Museum The mission of the Twenty Mule Team Museum is to acquire and document artifacts pertaining to local history and to the history of borax mining in Death Valley and Boron.
- West Kern Oil Museum
- Wind Surfing on Lake Isabella
- Dignity Health
- Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital
- Greer Medical, Inc.
- Med Center Inc
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital Therapy Services
- Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
- St Francis Medical
- Cancer Center of Santa Barbara The Cancer Center meets this challenge with a committed staff, strong community support and true belief in its mission.
- Cottage Health System Cottage Health System was formed in 1996 as the not-for-profit parent organization of Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital (including Cottage Children's Hospital), Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital, and Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
- Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic The mission of the Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic is to specialize in the highest standards of quality health care through modern medicine and ancient traditions.
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation Tenet's hospitals aim to provide the best possible care to every patient who comes through their doors, with a clear focus on quality and service.
- Ampersand Publishing, Llc
- Carpinteria Coastal View News
- County News Clipping
- Hitching Post
- Los Angeles Times
- Montecito Journal
- Santa Barbara Independent Inc, The
- Santa Barbara News Press
- Santa Barbara News-press
- Santa Maria Times Fax
- Lompoc Record
- Santa Maria Times
- Santa Maria Sun The Santa Maria Sun is staffed by friendly and professional people whose goal each week is to produce the finest newspaper in Northern Santa Barbara County.
- The Santa Barbara Independent features news of culture and city lifestyle
- Elings Park Foundation
- Santa Barbara Zoological Gardens
- Santa Barbara Botanic Garden The Santa Barbara Botanic Garden is a place of beauty and serenity, of education, research and conservation, of history and stewardship.
- Santa Barbara County Parks
- Isla Vista Recreation and Park District These parks are located throughout Isla Vista, and their purpose is to serve residents that live in the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Santa Barbara Zoo 30 Acres. 500 Animals. 1 Great Zoo
- Santa Barbara County District Attorney Mission: To review, investigate, deter, and prosecute all criminal and civil violations in order to protect the rights and ensure the safety of the citizens of California within the County of Santa Barbara.
- Santa Barbara County Fire Department Mission: serve and safeguard community from the impacts of fires, medical emergencies, environmental emergencies, and natural disasters.
- Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department We are committed to enhancing the quality of life through effective partnerships,protecting persons and property,while serving as role models to our community.
- Santa Barbara County Public Defender The office of the Public Defender exists to provide legal services to those persons who qualify for our assistance.
- Santa Barbara County Superior Court The mission of the Santa Barbara County Superior Court is to resolve disputes arising under the law in a fair, accessible, effective and efficient manner, and to interpret and apply the law consistently, impartially, and independently to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitutions of California and the United States
- Treasurer-Tax Collector-Public Administrator The mission of the Treasurer-Tax Collector for the County of Santa Barbara, is to provide quality, responsive and efficient service in presenting and collecting property taxes within the timeframes of the Governement Code.
- Clean Air Express The fleet's comfortable motor coaches provide daily round trip bus service from Santa Maria and Lompoc to Santa Barbara and Goleta
- Easy Lift Transportation Easy Lift is a non-profit, charitable organization established to provide curbside-to-curbside "Dial-A-Ride" type transportation to senior citizens and people with disabilities in South Santa Barbara County
- Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District MTD is a recognized leader in public transportation and is consistently ranked among the top ten transit operators nationally.
- Coalition for Sustainable Transportation COAST is a Santa Barbara County regional organization promoting environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable transportation and reduced dependency on automobiles.
- Santa Maria Area Transit
- Santa Ynez Valley Transit Sata Ynez Valley Transit links Buelton, Los Olivos, Santa Ynez and Solvang.
- Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- Santa Barbara County Law Library Law library is open to the public and is committed to providing legal information to the citizens of Santa Barbara County
- Santa Barbara Public Library System The mission of the Santa Barbara Public Library System is to provide information services, reading materials and educational resources to residents of all ages from the Santa Ynez Valley to Carpinteria.
- Santa Maria Library The Santa Maria Public Library provides materials and services to help community residents obtain information to meet their personal, educational and professional needs.
- Camerata Pacifica Camerata Pacifica is a chamber music ensemble based in Santa Barbara that performs a monthly series of concerts in Santa Barbara, Ventura, San Marino
- Carpinteria Valley Museum of History Exhibits are arranged generally as vignettes, with unique household objects, tools, and various larger antiques - such as a car - that give a taste of what life was like for the people involved.
- Center Stage Theater An intimate black box theater with weekly performances by a variety of artists and companies, located in Paseo Nuevo in the heart of the downtown Santa Barbara cultural district.
- El Presidio de Santa Barbara State Historic Park
- Elverhoj Museum of History & Art To collect, preserve and exhibit the history and Danish culture of Solvang and to promote the arts.
- Flamenco Arts Festival, Inc. Annual Flamenco Festival
- Hans Christian Andersen Museum
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Mission: To enlighten the public by developing and presenting fundamental knowledge of natural history research, so as to teach and inspire a lifelong passion and abiding respect for the natural world.
- Santa Maria Museum of Flight The museum now has 11 aircraft, a Bowers Flybaby, Rand KR-2, 1929 Fleet Model 2, Parker Sailplane, Jensen Hang Glider, Stinson Reliant, 1931 Great Lakes (the Hunt Special), Klemm 35, North American F-86 and McDonnel/Douglas F-4S Phantom.
- State Street Ballet's State Street Ballet is a professional ballet company dedicated to presenting excellent new work in dance while preserving the classics
- Westmont College Repertory Theatre Westmont has long been recognized as a home to exciting, innovative theatre.